Wednesday, November 26, 2008

December Layouts- Part 2


This layout of Sophie is one of my favourites. Stampin' Up! makes life so easy, because everything matches. Ribbons match paper which matches inks and so it goes on. The colours on this page are Soft Sky, Pretty in Pink and Sahara Sand. 

I stamped the swirl in Pretty in Pink on the Sahara Sand cardstock first and then layered the papers over the top.

I pulled out some matching ribbons and they looked so pretty together, so I decided to braid them down the side of the page. I stuck them to the back with tape and then just braided as I went, sticking it down with SNAIL adhesive every so often. I used a big silver brad at the bottom to pull it all together- I am in love with the result!

The silver frame has the word "Cherish" stamped in the pink inside. For the title, I stamped the alphabet letters and cut them out. I purposefully stuck them down all higgeldy-piggeldy (is that even a word!) so that I would not have to go mad trying to line them up!

This layout of my sister Megan illustrates how changing your colour scheme can totally change the look of a layout. The M is another chipboard piece, which I coloured in with green marker (Certainly Celery) and edged with a brown marker (Chocolate Chip).

The embellishment on the right is made with the following punches:

*Scallop circle
*1-3/8" circle
*1-1/4" circle
*5-Petal Flower
*Spring Flower Bouquet


No comments: